Thursday, May 21, 2009

Participating, for Once

So Becky over at http://sittinnspinnin.blogspot.com/ has memed me, and from looking at her blog I gather than means I'm supposed to list six things that "I appreciate that may, to someone else, seem unimportant, but to me are precious." So here are mine:

  • The sound of a summer rain on a tin roof (and the smell of rain, too)
  • The chorus of spring peepers
  • Anyone who stops to move a box turtle out of the road
  • The unconditional love of my critters
  • A well-written book that sucks me in and becomes nearly impossible to put down
  • Bird songs

And now I'm supposed to pass this on to six people. Hmmm....I might be able to come up with that many. For those of you who don't wish to participate, never fear--this isn't a chain letter and bad things won't happen to you if you ignore it!

  1. Crooks and Crazies: Laura always manages to make me laugh, and I imagine her humor would shine through while making a list like this! (http://crooksandcrazies.blogspot.com/)
  2. Shoofly Farm: You didn't think I'd let you off the hook, did you Robin? (http://shooflyfarm.blogspot.com/)
  3. Vet on the Edge: Hilary, you've been MIA for a while, and I hope this will find you and you'll resurface and share more of your lovely stories with us! (http://vetontheedge.blogspot.com/)
  4. 1Sheepdoggal: Darci has left us for more the more desert-like pastures of northern Utah ("Go west, young lady!") and I'll miss her. Hopefully she'll have time either while on the road or once she gets there to share a list of her own with us. (http://1sheepdoggal.blogspot.com/)
  5. 4UFarm: You've got my little boy Blue and I'd love to know what things you appreciate! (http://4ufarm.blogspot.com/)
  6. Eirene: Becca, are you out there? Come join the fun! (http://irenafarm.blogspot.com/)

I hope some of you find time to make your own lists. I'd love to read them! And thanks Becky for making me think about things that are special to me.

9 comments:

Robin French said...

Sorry, off to the trial in the AM and i think i've about used up my blog attention span with those long bluegrass posts this week! But i'll think on it, will give me something to do while i'm driving.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

It is nice isnt it, to stop and think sometimes about happy things, when life seems to bog you down.
Your welcome.

Rachel said...

I too appreciate someone who will move a box turtle out of the way. Once I almost caused Brian to wreck because I yelled to watch out for a turtle! We missed it, stopped and moved it...not the first time that happened!

Hope you are doing well...miss you - need to make a visit this summer over a weekend possibly if you all (girls) are up for it!

Laura Carson said...

You may be sorry you asked. Bwaahahahaa

Kelly said...

Yes, dodged that bullet again!! My boyfriend hates it when I slam on brakes to miss a squirrel....does that count?

Hilary said...

I LOVE rain on a tin roof......been a lifelong favorite, and peepers.......there are no peepers where I have lived for the past 5 years, and I miss them.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

I like your list Julie, i love the smell of rain.

I especially liked your #3 and 4.

Although i would have to insert hedgehog or some other critter into #3. As we don't get turtles out and about here.

Julie Poudrier said...

It *is* nice to stop and think about the things that delight you and we probably all should do it more often. After making the list I came up with a bunch more of which these are just a few: lightning bugs, sitting out on a cold fall night to watch meteor showers, the beauty of dragonflies--I could go on.

Julie Poudrier said...

Hilary,
I see you're a weaver. That's something I'm dying to learn, but just haven't been able to make the time to do. I am in awe of weavers.