Thursday, September 29, 2011

Are the questions getting harder, or is it just me?

Okay, I'm playing this week, but my apologies in advance for the lameness of my answers....



1. What movie do you love but are too embarrassed to admit you love it?

Gosh, I really don't know. I watch only highbrow stuff (kidding!), so how could I be embarrassed by any of them?

2. Ann wants to know: How far do you drive/travel to attend trials, clinics, lessons? How far is too far?


Well, when I was gainfully employed at a good-paying job, I even went so far as to drive to Sturgis to the National Sheepdog Finals. If I had the money, I'd probably drive 8-10 hours, though not on a regular basis. But I certainly did go through periods when I was trialing every weekend and traveling up to 6 hours or so to do so. Before I had livestock of my own, it was pretty easy to just head off wherever. The catch for me now is old animals and a farm. Going away for any length of time means finding someone to care for stuff here. So even if I were flush financially, I think I'd be limited by the need for someone to mind the farm....

3. What is your theme song (circa Ally McBeal)?

Um, I don't know. The song that goes through my head is usually related to something someone has said to me recently. For example, someone suggested Karma as a good puppy name. For the next week I was singing Karma Chameleon. But I don't find myself attaching theme songs to particular activities. I guess I'm just boring that way.

4. Laura S wants to know: If you had to choose a new dog activity, one that you had never done before, what would you choose?

Um, probably dock diving. It just seems low key enough and fun enough for all concerned. But of course it would help to have a dog who likes to swim and doesn't drop like a stone from the end of the dock.

Otherwise, just having a great place to go hiking or swimming with the dogs on a regular basis (daily would be awesome) would make me and the dogs happier than any organized sport.

5. What would your dog choose (or scribe, if you're Pippin)?

For at least some of them, that would probably be an eating contest, lol! Seriously, though, I think most of them would choose swimming or hiking, especially if a good squirrel chase could be thrown in on a regular basis. Oh and Twist would like her own five acres, set aside just for digging for "mice."

4 comments:

Doniene said...

Julie, I don't call you answers lame - in fact they are realistic and relaxing!! Thanks

Laura Carson said...

See? You NEED a theme song. A get in your groove walking up the path to the other field with passion song. I will think on this for you. lol

Julie Poudrier said...

Thanks Doniene. I could use some relaxation!

And Laura, I am SO waiting for my personal theme song!

Joan said...

I think Julie's theme should be the Paul Simon song "Me and Julio down by the schoolyard."