Thursday, September 15, 2011

Taking a Break for TMT #9


While I'm eating my lunch, I'm going to play!

1. If you're not at the 2011 Sheepdog finals this weekend what are you planning to do?

The list is so long. I was planning to go get hay (squares and a round bale), but that might not be possible if it's raining. The other big project is to ready the Elam Currin pasture for habitation by a guard dog and work on the pond where the sheep go to drink to make it a little more sheep friendly. Gates still need to be hung here, and since I can't manage to fix my wheelbarrow I was planning to borrow the neighbor's so I can clean out the sheep loafing area under the tobacco barn lean to. Oh, and the dog yard fence needs to be finished too. In other words, I will be trying to do the chores that are always piling up and never getting done. I didn't buy views of the finals anyway, so I won't be tempted to sit inside and watch, even if the weather isn't great (at least I won't be sweating like a pig while I work, right?). Oh, and a puppy might be arriving. Anyone want to take bets on how much I get done?

2. One item you NEVER walk onto the trial field (any trial field, or training class will suffice) without?

That would be my lucky stick. The one with green (now blue) tape around the middle to hold it together where someone splintered it sorting sheep at a gate (I have no idea how). Okay, I have actually walked onto the trial field without it, when the occasion called for me to use my nice crook, but I always feel a little bereft if I don't have my old taped-up stick with me. (And if I see Laura's sunglasses lying in the grass, I pick them up, lol!)

3. Katy wants to know if you have a pre-run ritual that you observe?

Not really. I try to get my dog to watch a few lifts before our run, and I will take the dog on a short walk to see if pottying is needed and just to have a little quiet time before heading to the post. Oh, and I always have to have a last drink of water before I go through the gate. (I ttry to get the dog to take a drink too, though not of my water).


4. How old were you when you had your first real kiss?

Really? You want to know this? I don't know. A teenager certainly. I couldn't even tell you who it was. I must have been real impressed by the whole thing.

5. Bonnie wants to know what you do for yard mud control during the winter?

There is no such thing as yard mud control here. If I'm out in the yard and it's been raining, I do try to avoid the pits the dogs have dug, because falling into one filled with muddy water is no fun, and generally means a twisted ankle. I put a sheet down by the back door so that most of the mud gets wiped off the dogs (okay, at least from the bottoms of their feet) as they come through the door. Beyond that, I live with the dirt. (Heh. No comments from the peanut gallery named Laura.) Hey, this is the country and it's a farm. Mud is a fact of life, except when we're in a drought (which seems to be most of the time lately), in which case I'm very happy to see mud in any form because it means we've had rain....

1 comment:

Laura Carson said...

Why yes, I really wanted to know that. LOL! Be glad that the kissing question is the limits of my nosiness in that regard. bwahahaha Maybe next week I should ask about first drunken experiences. No, not really.

Yeah, girl, you and your water bucket at the trial field. LOL

It's a good friend that retrieves my sunglasses on a regular basis. :)