Thursday, September 8, 2011

Woo hoo! TMT rolls around again!

It's that day of the week again, the one we all look forward to, thanks to Laura over at Crooks and Crazies!




1. What is the biggest thing that grossed you out over the past week?


Probably the portajon at the trial, after about a day of use. 'Nuff said. Followed be sheep snot. And then there's the daily grossness of multiple spiders (big, freaky-looking ones) and spiderwebs (big, sticky, and um, freaky looking) plastered to my face as I take the sheep through the woods twice a day to and from their new pasture. I'm getting slightly inured to the whole thing, but still 8 pounds of silk and icky spider plastered across my face twice a day is pretty gross. I guess the spiders/spiderwebs win for the cumulative grossness....

2. What do you feed your dogs?


Most of them get Diamond Naturals. Phoebe gets Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream, and Jill gets Wellness Super 5. Some also get raw meals. All get various toppers, including eggs from my hens (see Laura's post), cottage cheese, yogurt, canned fish, you name it.

3. If you could move anywhere where would you live?


Wales. I adored it when I visited there and could so see myself, my sheep (or sheep I'd get there since I couldn't import mine), and my dogs living there just fine. If I couldn't have sheep, then I would probably move to the Amalfi Coast of Italy.

4. What is the funniest thought that occurred to you (or thing that happened to you) this week?


Need you ask? Laura the Skeered looking after my poor, harmless chickens. The thought is always good for a laugh, and her descriptions of the goings on usually make me laugh so hard I cry. I look forward to Laura farm sitting for me because I know that belly laughs are soon to follow....

5. If you couldn't have your breed of choice what would be next on your list?


There's a bunch. If it had to be a small dog, probably an IG, maybe a wirehaired fox terrier (just like the one I grew up with, natch!). If a large dog, well, I've always wanted a Scottish deerhound, but an Ibizan or Pharaoh hound would work too. Heck, really any dog would make me happy, as long as it wasn't all gross and slobbery.

2 comments:

Laura Carson said...

Amen on the not gooey or slobbery dog thing. :)

I will have to put up some recap stories here in the next few days. :) Though I think I've already told you the funniest of it on the phone. :)

Doniene said...

Please install the camera - just for Laura! You'd get rich! I don't think I've laughed at a written story in a coon's age!!!

Wales sounds good - maybe we could be neighbors - I love chickens and Laura could farm sit for both of us!!

Blessings