Thursday, December 8, 2011

Early Christmas Present--Another Tell Me Thursday

Sigh. I keep thinking I need to set aside time to keep this blog updated. It's sad when it takes a blogger friend to get me to do any posting. My early New Year's resolution (yeah, I know, it's not even Christmas yet) is to blog on a regular basis. Everyone is welcome to hound me if I don't.

Now on to the important stuff!



(Thanks Nana for the spiffy new widget!)

1. What are your plans for the holiday season?

Working. Freelancing generally means no paid holidays, but I'm grateful I have work to do, and I just took on an extra project that's due right after Christmas, so Christmas = work. And anyway, I haven't done much of anything related to Christmas in quite some time. Even back when I was still celebrating it, I tended to work over the holidays because it's always really quiet in the office then (at least when you're in a regular non-home office) and you can get a ton of work done! And I'm hoping to take plenty of nice long walks with the dogs.

2. Do you decorate? If so, what have you done so far?

I don't decorate anymore either. I think that started when Moses the Horrible entered my life and it just became easier not to bother. With a bunch of dogs and cats, trees and the like just don't stand a chance anyway. Less pressure to take stuff out and less pressure to take it down and put it away. Stress-free living!

3. a. Favorite recent dog photo? b. Photo that shows your mood today (or one word)?

My current favorite is this one, because Kes looks like a little mischief-maker:

This is my mood, a little old biddy sitting alone on a rocker:

4. There's been a discussion on the BC Boards about "don't train for the novice classes... just train for open and the rest will fall into place." What are your thoughts on this?

Well I made my position pretty clear over there. Open should be the goal, and if you have a good mentor, that person can help you recognize and capitalize on "open training moments." But you still have to crawl before you can walk. As long as you aim to walk sooner or later, it's okay to crawl at the start.

5. What are your top five cannot-do-without-them dog items?

1. I must have my little flat-sided metal pails. Even if Richard R. teases me mercilessly about them whenever he sees me at a sheepdog trial.

2. Cow hooves. They are relatively cheap, don't take up a lot of space (though they hurt like an SOB if you step on one in the night), and the dogs love them. It saves furniture (mostly), shoes (mostly), and stuff from little (or big) gnawing teeth.

3. Lark can't live without her winter horse blanket style jackets. Mexican blankets as winter bedding for everyone else. Twist votes for her wicker dog basket. She sorely misses her beloved Moses (not to be confused with Moses the Horrible) basket that Willow very kindly chewed beyond usability.

4. Leashes. My dogs are almost never on leash, but if you look in my van you'd think either (a) I have a leash fetish, (b) I'm a leash hoarder, or (c) both.

5. Metronidazole. I never leave home without it. (I actually take a bunch of first-aid-related stuff, but metronidazole is the one thing I'd truly be sorry to be without.)

And if we don't get another TMT before the holidays, Merrry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Winter to everyone!

3 comments:

Laura Carson said...

Hah, funny that we both say flat sided pails. lol! I was tossing up between metronidazole and the slippery elm bark powder. :) Hope you get lots and lots of work to keep you busy and make you money.

I love the hen in the rocker shot. You know... from a distance.

Doniene said...

Julie, glad to hear from you and everyone else!!! I've been trying to keep up the blog, but it is always fun to do TMT! Love the chicken in the chair - wondering if she is enjoying herself? Or just waiting to crap in the chair!!! lol that's what mine do!! lol

Glad you have work - so understand about paying the bills thing. Have a great time!!

Blessings

gvmama said...

Chicken in the chair is similar to my photo in a way. Happy Holidays!